Due to an increase in work, we are currently looking to recruit a 1-1 Coach to join our existing, hardworking team of educational equine coaches. The role involves delivering our programmes to vulnerable or challenging, disengaged young people, one to one and in groups, 4 days per week, term time only. The role will be based at our centres between Bedford and Luton.
Safeguarding is one of our key priorities and potential applicants should be fully aware of and compliant with Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation. It is our aim to provide an environment where young people feel safe and supported and are able to achieve their full potential.
You will be responsible for coaching using our equine facilitated approach and by using The Seeds of Change structure and programme content.
Working with individuals in one to one sessions and groups, you will be responsible for coaching them towards a range of learning outcomes in a supported and empathetic way. Gaining the clients’ trust and working through a range of tasks and activities that will support the learner in developing skills that will help them in their everyday life.
We are looking for a self-aware individual, with a mature approach, who is easily able to relate to people of all ages through good inter-personal skills. This person will need to be empathetic and non-judgemental with a fundamental interest in building and developing skills and potential in others. The individual should have the ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who is passionate about working outside and understands the benefits of outdoor learning relating to physical and mental wellbeing.
This person will be required to occasionally travel to different sites and therefore it is essential to possess a car and a full driving license.
The successful candidate should possess a good sound knowledge of handling and working around horses and have some experience of working within the education sector. Experience of working with vulnerable or challenging, disengaged young people would also be desirable, as well as counseling or mental health experience and work in an educational or classroom setting.
- Empathetic coaching skills
- Resilient, confident and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills and be able to deliver coaching to meet all kinds of learning styles
- Good life experience, and be accepting and non-judgemental towards others
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all ages and levels
- Professional with high personal standards
- Articulate with good literacy and numeracy skills
- Shows initiative and can respond to change in a proactive and positive way
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Practical, resourceful and love of the outdoors.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Counseling or youth work qualification
- Teaching qualification
REMUNERATION AND OVERVIEW
The Seeds of Change are a progressive, forward thinking organisation who are an equal opportunities employer. A competitive salary will be offered to the right individual.
- Job Type: Part time – Term time only (4 days)
- Part-time hours: 18-24 per week
- Salary: From £11ph
- Application deadline: 04/01/2021
- Expected start date: 24/01/2022
To apply, please email your current CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the role, call 01234 881871
We are working to the government guidelines for educational settings and all possible precautions are being taken to protect staff and learners. A lot of our work is completed outside.